Burnsview Baptist affirms the Baptist Faith and Message as our confession of doctrinal beliefs.
To Know Him and To Make Him Known: (1 Corinthians 13:12) (Matthew 28:19,20)
We are a church committed to Knowing Christ and to Make Him Known Through
Worship, Prayer, Fellowship, Discipleship, Evangelism, Missions, and Ministry.
1) To know Christ through worship
2) To know Christ through prayer
3) To know Christ through fellowship
4) To make Him known through discipleship
5) To make Him known through evangelism
6) To make Him known through missions
7) To make Him know through ministry
1) A passion for God's Presence, which promotes holiness. We believe that, above all else, our goal is to know and love Jesus. We want to help people experience and enjoy our Lord not only when the church meets, but in their everyday lives.
2) A passion for God's Word, which changes lives. The Scriptures are able to make us mature in our love for God and our neighbors; therefore, we strive to produce a love for and life long study of His Word.
3) A passion for God's People, for whom Jesus died. Jesus modeled for us a love of the brethren by giving up His life for them. We seek to follow Christ's example by serving one another and bringing one another to spiritual maturity through inspiring one another to love and do good deeds.
4) A passion for God's Kingdom, to which we belong. We believe in a pray for the advancement of God's Kingdom in this world, through proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ and training up servant leaders to disciple those who join us in our passions.
1) We are committed to Christ-Centered Worship
2) We are committed to the Bible as God's Holy Inspired Word
3) We are committed to sound doctrine
4) We are committed to prayer
5) We are committed to evangelism and disciple making
6) We are committed to genuine fellowship
7) We are committed to local, state,and global missions
8) We are committed to excellence in ministry and in the service of our Lord
9) We are committed to developing strong families
10) We are committed to a deep, abiding walk with Christ
Worship occurs when we ascribe to God the worth of which He is worthy. Worship is a response to a perceived presence of God, and is one of the most vital functions of the church. You can worship alone or with a congregation. Our Worship is designed to:
help people connect with God
be enthusiasticbe celebrativepromote a spirit of revival
be spontaneous and warm
be expectantbe holy
Prayer is vitally important to the individual and for the church. It is a means by which we communicate with God and God communicates with us. Prayer takes place in our Sunday School classes, Life-group classes, worship, Wednesday night prayer meetings, special called prayer meetings, and our intercessory prayer ministry. Prayer walks through subdivisions and communities are also conducted.
Christian fellowship grows out of fellowship with God. The New Testament word for fellowship is koinonia. Koinonia (fellowship) is more than friendly fraternizing that can be duplicated by clubs and associations that have nothing to do with the church; it involves connecting with significant people for Christian strength and development. Every member of the church should seek God's wisdom and guidance to build up the fellowship at any cost. The New Testament portrayal of the church is one of people sharing together and depending upon one another. Acts 2:46-47 says, "So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved." Fellowship takes place in the worship services, in Sunday School class meetings and excursions, annual Thanksgiving service and meal, as well as many other planned events and activities sponsored by a group or ministry from the church.
Discipleship is a process that begins after conversion and continues throughout a believer's life. Discipleship is not an option for a church or believer. Believers are to disciple each other as mandated in the Great Commission; this involves taking up one's cross daily to follow Christ. Mature discipleship means that you are living for the Lord in all areas of your life and Christ is the center of your life. Disciple making classes (Life Groups) are conducted here at the church and in homes.
Christian evangelism consists of believers sharing the gospel with lost persons. Evangelism is the good news spoken with lost persons. Evangelism is the good news spoken be believers and lived out in their lives; it is spiritual interaction between saved persons and lost persons. We are saved to evangelize the lost, and no church can grow without evangelism. All that we do here at Burnsview is to ultimately get people to Jesus. That's the goal of every ministry and every effort. We conduct yearly and seasonal revivals. Vacation Bible School is a proven evangelistic outreach for young people. Annual Sportsman's banquet reaches men who wouldn't otherwise attend a church service. Our people are trained in the Faith Sunday School evangelistic strategy, the Way of the Master, G.R.O.W. ministry, and Every-Believer a Witness.
Jesus said, "You shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." (Acts 1:8). We seek to obey this command through prayer, mission offerings, mission trips, and the on-site work of the ministry. We conduct mission efforts by working along side the Greer Baptist Association. One of the largest recent efforts consisted of the Powell River Mission trip in Virginia. Financial assistance is given to individuals and to ministry efforts associated with mission work. We have many who work behind the scenes unnoticed by men who assist others in need.
We believe God gives ministry responsibility to every Christian. We are stewards of ministry, and we cannot minister effectively without the power and giftedness of the Holy Spirit. Spiritual gifts are given by the Holy Spirit to every Christian to fulfill ministry and service responsibilities. (1 Cor. 12:7)
These are some of the ministries provided by this church:
Senior Adult Ministries
Women on Missions
Intercessory Prayer Ministries
G.R.O.W. - God Rewards Our Work inreach/outreach ministry